This weekend is National Grandparents Day in the US! So we thought we would put together some sweet facts that highlight just how awesome grandparents really are.
If you want to let your Grandparents know just how awesome they are...send them Personalized Ice Cream!
Did You Know Grandparent's Day
• Started in In the United States in 1978.
• Grandparent's Day falls on the first Sunday after Labor Day.
• The official flower for Grandparent's Day is the forget-me-not.
• The unofficial and favorite Grandparent's Day Ice Cream Flavors are Mint Chip, Strawberry, Cookies & Cream and Chocolate with Chocolate Chunks.
• National Grandparent's Day official song is titled "A Song for Grandma and Grandpa" by Johnny Prill.
• Several countries other than the United States celebrate Grandparent's Day, including Australia (date varies in different states), Canada, Estonia (second Sunday in September), Italy (October 2nd), Pakistan (second Sunday in October), Singapore, South Sudan (2nd Sunday in November), Taiwan (last Sunday in August), and in the UK (1st Sunday in October).
Facts About Grandparents
• About 3 out of 4 grandparents think being a grandparent "is the single most important and satisfying thing in their life."
• 9 in 10 grandparents "enjoy talking about their grandkids to just about everyone."
• The average age of a U.S. grandparent is 48.
Notable young celebrity Grandparents include
• Loretta Lynn (age 29)
• Whoopi Goldberg (age 34)
• CeeLo Green (age 35)
• Kiefer Sutherland (age 38)
• Brett Favre (age 40)
• Pierce Brosnan (age 44)
• Jim Carrey (age 48)
Grandparents are active
43% of grandparents exercise or play sports
28% of grandparents volunteer regularly
18% of grandparents dance
3% of grandparents have run a marathon
2% of grandparents have gone skydiving
23% of grandparents have started their own business
10% of grandparents have a tattoo.
Grandparents are tech savvy
75% of grandparents are online regularly
56% of grandparents share photos online
45% of grandparents are on the social networking platforms like Facebook
6% of grandparents have a blog
55% of grandparents play video games with their grandkids
Grandparents play a big role in the family
13% of grandparents are primary caregivers for their grandchildren
72% of grandparents take care of their grandchildren on a regular basis
92% of grandparents have changed a grandchild’s diapers
86% of grandparents bake cookies for their families
70% of grandparents report seeing their grandchildren at least once a week.
Did any of those facts surprise you? I know I'll be asking grandma what kind of tattoo she has and when we can plan to skydive together. :)